Subject: Re: Signing off.

Re: Signing off.

From: Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:53:36 +0100

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 08:21:25PM +0100, Philip Stark wrote:
>2. Come back with a fake name... it's more your way, as you are still
>anonymous but at least, you've got a real-sounding name (probably the
>most suitable in this case)

That's why I think, that all patches should be signed with PGP/GnuPG or
X.509 certificates. And those keys should be signed by trusted CA
authorities like CAcert.org or such (identity check against official
documents, not only valid mail address).

>3. Come back with your Real name... it means obeying the rules, which
>doesn't have to be a bad thing...

Of course not, I mean, who would take a software seriously with credit
contents like:
Ford Prefect <mail>
Goldfish <mail>

Looks like script kiddie software, crack software or something else.
Imagine movie credits with such lines.

Of course you can have a nickname, and of course you can add it to the
CREDITS file:
Marc "Goldfish" Miller <mail>

Such things you can see in serious credits (movies, games).

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal_at_gmx.de |
| PGP Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/pgp.html |