Subject: Re: VMWare Environment

Re: VMWare Environment

From: XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-03-23

Start->Run-> \\debian

You don't need the exact IP to see your Linux files. Just type the name of
the linux machine which happens to be "debian".

The VMware image is very handy to build firmwares, but its current status
has some limitations.
As you describe your manual problem I assume that the latex libraries aren't
installed.
Type apt-get install latex (or something like that) to see if there is an
available package for installation.
The same applies to the simulator. You can't build the sim without
downloading some packages, like Xserver, libsdl e.t.c

The VMware image is quick too set, fast to compile but has, currently, no
manual or sim.
Cygwin is slow as hell but a complete solution.
Until the VMware image is updated with some packages I can't consider it a
complete user-friendly solution.