Subject: Re: Track skipping & shuffling cause hard lockups.

Re: Track skipping & shuffling cause hard lockups.

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 2006-03-28

OK, I think both are the same bug, related to reshuffling interfering with
existing playback. Try this (tested on today's CVS):

- create or use a folder with 3 audio files.
- enable shuffling and shuffle-repeat
- play, then skip tracks twice (ie. to the last track in the list).
- on the last track, fast forward to near the end to let it end naturally.

When the end is reached, nothing will happen, the WPS is still updated but
the track never finishes, another track never plays. You may be able to
press some buttons (eg. skip forwards/backwards), the WPS may still update,
but nothing will play. Going to the fileview usually crashes instantly, or
when you try to load another file. Either way, a hard lockup is imminent.

Glancing at the code, I notice that sometimes
audio_flush_and_reload_tracks(); is called after randomise_playlist(), but
sometimes it isn't. So far haven't found the exact spot where it locks - if
somebody knows what they're looking for, please try, else I will play with
it again in the next few days.

--
gl