Subject: Problem with SIM on Gentoo

Problem with SIM on Gentoo

From: Steve Garcia <>
Date: 2006-03-31

I'm trying to get my feet wet with the rockbox dev environment, and the
first thing I tried was to create the UI Simulator.

I'm building for the iRiver H340, on a Gentoo system.

It compiles without error, but when I try to launch it, I get immediate
ALSA errors and it dies.

sgarcia@podkayne build $ ./rockboxui
ALSA lib conf.c:2729:(snd_config_hooks) id of field i is not and integer
ALSA lib conf.c:3066:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x0a2487b8 ***

Is this a common problem? Or do I have a misconfiguration somewhere?
ALSA itself seems to work fine, at least xmms is happy with it.

I did follow the instructions to create the cross compiler under Gentoo,
as listed in the wiki, and it seemed to succeed. However, the Makefile
for the SIM doesn't seem to have any reference to the cross compiler, so
I'm assuming that it uses the standard tools.