Subject: Re: Problem with SIM on Gentoo

Re: Problem with SIM on Gentoo

From: bk <mutualaid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:41:32 -0500

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 13:59 -0800, Steve Garcia wrote:

> New question. Is the UI Simulator *only* a simulator for the UI? Does
> that mean that file manipulation, etc. is not simulated? I tried
> creating a root playlist (after copying a few albums into the archos
> directory) and it created a file, but it's a zero length file. Is that
> by design or do I still have some issues with my build?

Nearly all of the higher-level rockbox code runs in the sim (apps/*),
and a significant amount of the firmware/ stuff. The goal is that
everything that isn't hardware-specific gets compiled natively and runs
as-is in the sim. See the UiSimulator wiki page.

I've noticed that playlists don't get created correctly in the sim also
(I actually thought it was a problem with my branch at the time, since I
was doing some development relating to playlist creation). I don't know
how long that's been going on, you might want to put it on the bug
tracker.

bk