Subject: Re: Track skipping & shuffling cause hard lockups.

Re: Track skipping & shuffling cause hard lockups.

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:29:35 +0100

> If nobody cracks it in the next day or so I'll take a shot at it (I
> shuffle
> on the move all the time, and a hard lock isn't nice). If I can't figure
> it I'll bug it.

OK, the lockup is specific to having _both_ shuffle and repeat-shuffle
enabled. It's caused by this call in playlist.c, line 2431:

playlist_start(0, 0);

It seems extraneous and causes a deadlock in the playback queue system -
removing it fixes the problem.

Anybody want to commit this? We all know my patches aren't any good here...

Speaking of repeat-shuffle, I assumed this would work even without shuffle
on, ie. on the first pass the list plays alphabetically, but on subsequent
passes it's randomised. However the code only uses it if shuffle is also
enabled. I think this should be changed.
--
gl