Subject: Re: Bug in screen_access.c affecting all drivers.

Re: Bug in screen_access.c affecting all drivers.

From: XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-04-05

gl: If you want real credit for your work give a name, otherwise give it a
rest.

>My problem is that Linus on the one hand rejects my patches because, I
quote
>"we do not want to work with anonymous people", but then happily accepts
and
>commits my fixes _without credit_! And then rubs my face in it. If they
>want me to respect their policy, how about not changing it whenever it
suits
>them?!

What would you expect? You find the bugs, name them in public and then what?
Either give you credit or ignore them? Like you have the copyright of the
bugs? You brought them to light so they will be fixed one way or the other.
If you are offended by this then stop the bug reporting/fixing. (though I
would like you to continue)

You continue to accuse the main developers and I am a little tired of this.
I just don't want anymore of this story. It is starting to become spam.
You are a small minority over this so I think that while you made your
opinion clear (and you have the right to do so), repeating over this doesn't
help anymore.

You are a great programmer and your work in finding bugs is appreciated. But
don't expect to gain credit from this the way things are now. (anyaway you
claimed that you don't need credit)

I just hope that this topic won't become like the previous one. And as
Daniel very wisely said:
Please. Not again.