Subject: RE: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

RE: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:16:32 +0100

Personally I don't see any point in changing them whatsoever, he doesn't
have a leg to stand on and it'd cost him too much to take this to a small
claims court to really be worth it (or whatever they have in America that's
similar to county court here in the UK for this type of small prosecution).

Just because you've used the same colours, and used those colours on shapes
which resemble other shapes they've used (there's only a certain amount of
shapes you can use anyway, plus diamonds don't come in odd shapes), that
does not constitute any kind of legal case which will stand up upon
scrutiny. I think PopCap's legal team is getting a bit bored if they're
issuing such lame C&D requests as the one sent to Rockbox.

Of course, all this is imho, ianal. I do have some common sense though,
which I like to put to good use.