Subject: Re: FMR ucl directory and TagCache issues

Re: FMR ucl directory and TagCache issues

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:27:03 +0200

On 18.04.2006, David Bleakley wrote:

> RomBox.ucl no longer seems to be building, just Rockbox.ucl

We know. Rockbox has grown too big for rombox on the fm and v2
:-( That should definitely be fixed - if at all possible.

> Directry problem
> I boot into Rockbox and see my list of folders
> I press up to go to the bottom of the folder list (With one
> file at the bottom)
> The screen displays the folders missing out the file (The
> scroll bar seems in the right place for this)
> If I press down once I go to the top folder where I started
> Up once again and I go back to the bottom, but see the file

Hmm, no idea on this one. Works here, on all targets I tried.

> TagCache is missing the following menus
> General Settings -> Playback -> Tag cache
> General Settings -> System -> Disk -> Directory Cache

These 2 aren't present on archos as the archos has too little
RAM for dircache or tagcache in RAM. Dircache makes no sense at
all, and tagcache is always kept on disk, hence no option is
needed.

> General Settings -> Playback -> Gather Runtime Data
> (experimental)
> which probably shouldnt be there any more.

Yes, some items need to be cleaned up before release.

Regards, Jens