Subject: Re: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

Re: Remove PluginJewels from RockBox downloads immediately

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: 2006-04-19

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:31:57 +0200 (CEST), Daniel Stenberg
<daniel@rockbox.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Björn Stenberg wrote:
>
>I think we have the law on our side. The images are not copied from their game
>and they aren't identical, as anyone can see. The only claim they could make
>would be that our images are "too similar" to theirs and thus could be
>considered plagiarism. The only way to really find out if we are "too similar"
>is to battle in court.
>
>However, I don't think we'd loose anything by being "soft" and simply modify
>our jewels somewhat so that they don't look so similar to their versions, just
>to be nice.

I think that we lose a lot by changing something that isn't infringing
in the first place. Demonstrating that we'll just roll over and go
away anytime anyone gripes is the sure way to have to be constantly
responding to every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes along.

Just say NO.

John

---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
Don't let your schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain