Subject: Postponing Mayday

Postponing Mayday

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:11:15 +0200 (CEST)

Yes,

You knew it was coming and here it is:

I suggest we postpone the planned 3.0 release 14 days to allow more time for
bug fixing and debugging.

Thus: release 3.0 codename mayday scheduled for release at May 15th instead.

I also suggest that we have an optional second postponing to May 29th, should
we need it, but that we DO NOT postpone it further beyond that date and then
instead ship what we have with the bugs at that time simply being known bugs
at the time of release.

To sum up: we make an effort to kill the release-critical bugs within two
weeks from now. Failing that, we kill as many bugs as possible in the two
weeks following and then we release Rockbox 3.0 for better or for worse!

The upside is that May 15th and 29th are still Maydays! ;-P