Subject: Re: feature request: battery cycle counter

Re: feature request: battery cycle counter

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 10:39:28 +0200

On 5/6/06, Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com> wrote:
> I presently group my NiMH batteries into sets of 4, each with a serial
> number and unique color code, somewhat like resistors, applied as dots
> of paint. That way if I toss a hundred of them into a bucket for
> cycling and full charging, I can easily make up the packs again.
>
> I'm a daily user of my JBR. It usually ends up on the charger once or
> twice a day, even more often when playing high volume, high bitrate
> music. I can easily accumulate 500 cycles on a pack in a year. Such
> a feature would make keeping up with the pack lives much easier.

-.O
Did I miss something ?
So you got around 25 packs (a hundred batteries in a bucket) and each
of them with 500 recharging cycles ?
That makes 12500 cycles in toto.
Round about 35 cycles per day. Where are standing all those chargers ?
Or lets say, with an average of 2000mAh per battery, 8Ah per set, that
makes 280 Ah per day.
With 1,2V each, that makes 336 Watt per day.
Are you powering your restaurant with those ?

confuzzled, ~lImbus