Subject: Re: feature request: battery cycle counter

Re: feature request: battery cycle counter

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:14:12 -0400

On Sat, 6 May 2006 10:39:28 +0200, "Manuel Dejonghe"
<manuel_at_dejonghe.de> wrote:

>On 5/6/06, Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com> wrote:
>> I presently group my NiMH batteries into sets of 4, each with a serial
>> number and unique color code, somewhat like resistors, applied as dots
>> of paint. That way if I toss a hundred of them into a bucket for
>> cycling and full charging, I can easily make up the packs again.
>>
>> I'm a daily user of my JBR. It usually ends up on the charger once or
>> twice a day, even more often when playing high volume, high bitrate
>> music. I can easily accumulate 500 cycles on a pack in a year. Such
>> a feature would make keeping up with the pack lives much easier.
>
>-.O
>Did I miss something ?
>So you got around 25 packs (a hundred batteries in a bucket) and each
>of them with 500 recharging cycles ?
>That makes 12500 cycles in toto.
>Round about 35 cycles per day. Where are standing all those chargers ?
>Or lets say, with an average of 2000mAh per battery, 8Ah per set, that
>makes 280 Ah per day.
>With 1,2V each, that makes 336 Watt per day.
>Are you powering your restaurant with those ?

Yes, you missed something. You missed that I didn't ask for an
analysis for my battery usage. I requested a simple feature addition.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
Don't let your schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain