Subject: Re: zip / fontzip / fullzip

Re: zip / fontzip / fullzip

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: 2006-05-10

Manuel Dejonghe wrote:
> On 5/10/06, Daniel Stenberg <daniel@rockbox.org> wrote:
>> Comments? Flames?
>
> Sounds good. Maybe the same could be done with wps/themes ? This would
> of course make a wps-pack per unit (or unit-class).
> How are we going to help new users to understand that they need to
> install two packs ?
> We could tell them to install 2.5 / 3.0, then to "upgrade" with a
> daily build.
> (I hope the font format change was before 2.5 !?!)
>
> ~lImbus

I'm going to work on the installation instructions section of the manual
as soon as my (paying) job permits. I think that it will be relatively
easy to document that users need to download the full build the first
time they install Rockbox, and that thereafter, they can (at their
option) download only the zip.