Subject: Re: patches to build UISimulator on Mac OS X 10.4.6

Re: patches to build UISimulator on Mac OS X 10.4.6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:49:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Bill Janssen wrote:

> I've added a patchfile to the
> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/UiSimulator page (at the bottom)
> which patches the CVS sources so that they build and run on Mac OS X 10.4.6
> with gcc 4.0.1. Someone probably wants to add them to the source tree at
> some point before they get too stale.

I certainly would like to see the simulator getting possible to build nicely
on this Mac OS setup. I only have a few remarks/nits on the patch:

- It removes the map file creation from apps/Makefile for no apparent reason.
   If it causes problems on Mac OS X then only Mac OS X builds should have it
   disabled IMHO.

- The added SHARED_FLAG conditional logic is scattered over many Makefiles
   now. I suggest an include file or similar to have it done once but included
   where needed.

- It unconditionally removes bubbles from apps/plugins/SOURCES

- your echo lines added in uisimulator/common/Makefile should rather use the
   $(SILENT) approach we use all over in all other Makefiles