Subject: Re: patches to build UISimulator on Mac OS X 10.4.6

Re: patches to build UISimulator on Mac OS X 10.4.6

From: Bill Janssen <janssen_at_parc.com>
Date: 2006-05-17

> I haven't checked for a while but when I was developing the file_change
> feature I tested various conditions with and without mixed folders and it
> worked just fine...

I'm using it in the simulator, under GDB, and conditions there might
be different from in a real device. But I can't see how it wouldn't
crash if you were in a folder which had extension-less filenames in
it. It's a null pointer dereference bug.

> If you use it twice?
> What exactly do you mean by that?

I mean, you try to look at an image, then you go back to the file
browser, then you select another JPEG image. There's an index
initialization problem that the patch fixes. Again, this is an error
that might be masked in certain operating conditions. Or with a less
introspective version of "free".

Bill