Subject: Re: 3.0 release announcement

Re: 3.0 release announcement

From: George Styles <ripnetuk_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-05-19

On 5/15/06, Mark <nobby@xzxzzx.com> wrote:

> I've been out of the loop for a while now, my stable build is about 3
> months old. I'd have no problems waiting another week or two in hopes of a
> stable 3.0 release. An unstable one is just silly.
>
> On Mon, 15 May 2006 22:16:19 +0100, Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps@pobox.com>
> wrote:
>
> > George Styles wrote:
> >> ps. I saw mention of a previous engine - is this from the last few
> >> weeks, or further back? i havent used rockbox for a few weeks now. If
> >> the new engine is newer than that, my comment is -5 offtopic!
> >
> > For anyone seeing problems, please try the latest CVS build before
> > reporting bugs.
> >
> > -Hardeep
> >

> > ---
> > avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
> > Virus Database (VPS): 0620-0, 15/05/2006
> > Tested on: 15/05/2006 22:20:47
> > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.
> >

> --
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0620-0, 15/05/2006
> Tested on: 15/05/2006 22:23:09

Hi,

Ive tried the latest build, and the problems seem to have gone away.

I think its got more to do with me using a built in WPS (boxes) than the
code.

I say this because there were a few months over which I tried a nightly
build each day, and it was very unstable. Unfortunately i have lost the
custom .wps in question. The only non-standard thing I had was my wps (clean
format, clean install (except my .wps))

The problems seemed to be to do with deleting files, although ive lost the
evidence!

Glad to be back with rockbox

thanks