Subject: Re: Replaygain: Creating tags the easy way

Re: Replaygain: Creating tags the easy way

From: Dominik Riebeling <>
Date: 2006-05-21

Hi John,

On 5/21/06, john <> wrote:
> Am I the only human beeing on this planet using rockbox and linux and
> does have a desperate need for replaygain? Does no one else mix some
> tracks from the 70's with current pop music in a playlist and listen
> to full albums as an entity the other day? Is just everyone using
> foobar2000?

I also use linux and are searching for some tool to create ReplayGain
tags. I also found mp3gain not working the way I want it to. As most
of my music is ogg I can go with vorbisgain (which makes my need not
really desparate), but for my remaining mp3 files I still need to use
foobar2000. If you want to go ahead writing something that writes the
tags for mp3 files it would be really nice. For myself, I don't have
enough time ATM to look into this myself.

 - Dominik