Subject: Re: Playback problems with some podcasts

Re: Playback problems with some podcasts

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:11:44 +0200

BoD wrote:

> I've been experiencing problems using rockbox with podcasts for a few
> weeks now:
>
> * Seeking problems: with some files, going backwards sometimes actually
> goes further than current position (the first time)

The "first" time? You mean before 0:00? Or before the display time
(like, stop seek when time display says 20:00, but playback starts at
around 6:00)?

> * Progress indicator problems: with some files, the progress indicator
> is not good at all, giving wrong (shorter) file duration, and then
> giving a negative remaining time when playing past the indicated duration

If the podcast is in MP3 format, it could be because the file contains
somewhat bad data; not enough to prevent playback, but enough to fool
the time display in Rockbox.

> * Some files can't be played at all (but work well with winamp).
>
> I'm using daily builds, on the iPod video.
>
> Are these known problems?

Maybe. :) For really large files (at least more than 30 MB) there could
be seeking problems...

> I'm willing to put problematic files on a public server for you to
> analyse if needed, tell me.

Please do - but I might not be able to look at it right away. Or maybe
you could just point to the podcasts in question.

   Magnus