Subject: Re: Playback problems with some podcasts

Re: Playback problems with some podcasts

From: Magnus Holmgren <>
Date: 2006-05-24

BoD wrote:

>> The "first" time? You mean before 0:00? Or before the display time
>> (like, stop seek when time display says 20:00, but playback starts at
>> around 6:00)?
> What I meant is let's say the file is currently playing at position x,
> the first time I rewind it goes to something like x+4 min. Then I rewind
> again for a few seconds: it (correctly) goes to x+2 min.

Hm... Not sure if that made things much clearer for me. :)

> Well actually I just realized that the problem probably comes from my
> podcast client. It rewrites some ID3 tags after download, and I guess it
> can screw the files a little bit in the process. If I manually download
> the files, then there are no problems.

Had a look at the file in a tag editor, and I'd say that tag writer is
pretty bad. In the original, the tag is about 34 kB. In the changed
file, the tag is only 260 bytes (including 204 bytes of padding, no
less). The rest of the original tag is left as is - and it isn't
unsynchronized or anything, which causes some problems...

> So I guess it's not rockbox's fault!

Nope. Two tag editors I tried report the same file time as Rockbox.