Subject: New quality voice files. Not sure about license...

New quality voice files. Not sure about license...

From: XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-05-29

I was translating the greek.lang the other day and while I was at it, I
decided to start the greek voice UI too.

When I finished with it, I realised that I couldn't find a greek tts engine.
After some search on the net, I managed to find Loquendo's tts engines
whiare of high quality. (AT&T like-quality)

You can get the demoe engines (expires after 30 days) here:
http://www.qualilife.com/products/index.cfm?id=218

Strange is that I can't find a licence on the generated voice files. I
couldn't even find one for the demo tts engines.
Below are some links that are slightly related, but I am not sure, and can't
understand the legal terminology:
http://www.loquendo.com/en/company/legal_privacy.htm
http://www.loquendo.com/en/services/pronuncia.htm

There is a legal notice on the interactive demo page here: (scroll down)
http://actor.loquendo.com/actordemo/default.asp?language=en

I could use some help on this licensing issue. Those voice files could come
handy for Rockbox.