Subject: Re: Release policy and coordination

Re: Release policy and coordination

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-05-30

Paul Louden wrote:
> Just my views on the whole thing, though it should of course be noted
> that I'm watching from outside. It's clear some of the problems that
> exist just _can't_ be fixed within a timeline, because you can't say "We
> will discover the cause of this bug in the next X days".

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. For myself, many
things have come up in my life so I haven't had the time to work on Rockbox.

I also agree that one huge problem is that every time we freeze, most
developers run and hide, and the bug fixing is suddenly left to the core
devs. I don't know why.

I personally don't think there is a point in releasing a 3.0 unless it's
stable. I know some other developers don't agree with me, but what good
would a 3.0 be if it wasn't stable?

Linus