Subject: Re: Release policy and coordination

Re: Release policy and coordination

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 07:38:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 29 May 2006, bk wrote:

> Obviously there's some problems to deal with, since we've been in a freeze
> forever, there's little CVS activity and no clear indications on when a
> release might happen, what's holding it up or who even makes the final
> decision.

Yes, there are too few developers actually focused on fixing the bugs and
remaining issues. The majority of us all are just waiting for others to fix
them so that 3.0 is released and the freeze is lifted.

Personally, I say we basically are down to two options:

  A) drop H300 from the release and ship Rockbox 3.0 for Archos and iriver H100
     on friday.

  B) drop the entire release and make another release attempt later on when we
     have sorted out the remaining playback/voice issues and possibly a few
     power related issues on H300.

I think I favour version A here.