Subject: Re: Release policy and coordination

Re: Release policy and coordination

From: Jean-Denis Vauguet <jd_at_typhon.org>
Date: 2006-05-30

Paul Louden a écrit :
> Right now the Release ToDo is fairly vague, saying X system needs work, but
> not really clear on what to do, so I get the feeling that many external
> developers who _might_ be interested haven't got a clear idea of what to
> look at.

As a new (French) Rockbox and X5L user, I agree with this statement. I
would like to help with the core dev for the iAudio Port, scheduled in a
few months, but reading the code isn't much informative about what
precisely should/could be elements to work on (I must say the code lacks
some comments, sometimes ;). I guess there is the same problem with
other ports. Maybe Flyspray lacks some "milestones pages" with clear
goals, pages that could be written on the dev wiki?

By the way, rockbox rocks, keep doing great job :)