Subject: RE: Release policy and coordination

RE: Release policy and coordination

From: Bryn Smith <Bryn.Smith_at_latrobe.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 23:06:03 +1000

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, I'm totally new to this open
source thing :)

I downloaded the Rockbox source because I have an iPod and would like to
be able to use the iTunesDB. I have a reasonable level of experience in
C and embedded devices so I thought I might have a look to see how
complex it would be to do.

Unfortunately most of the code I looked at had very little commenting. I
was a little surprised to find that even functions weren't documented as
to their purpose and none of the files even had a basic description of
their function!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it doesn't really encourage
newcomers to the project when they come across masses of uncommented
code.

Bryn