Subject: Iaudio X5 surgery - help

Iaudio X5 surgery - help

From: RaeNye <raenye_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 2006-05-30

Hi list,

Today I tried to enable REAL_LED on the X5L by editing
firmware/drivers/led.c and adding the needed pcf50606_write() to led() and
changing LED_CONFIG #define in firmware/export/config-iaudiox5.h

The effects of this were:
1. the red led lit up on boot
2. RB hanged at the boot screen
3. After shutting down, the device wouldn't respond anymore
4. The poor DAP terribly heated up.

Yes, I tried inserting a pin to the reset hole.

I ended up cooling it with ice, opening the cover and (accidentally)
disconnecting the battery wire.
At least it stopped warming.

I'll be soldering it later, but I'd be delighted to hear your comments.

R.

P.S.
Did you know?
X5L battery is actually made of two separate batteries connected with an
extension cable.
The 2nd battery is taped on the back of the HDD.