Subject: H340 battery life

H340 battery life

From: Jonathan Corbet <corbet_at_lwn.net>
Date: 2006-05-31

I thought I would toss in one quick opinion on the 3.0 release topic...
I've been using the H340 port heavily since late last year. The battery
life issue bugs me a bit...especially as I ponder a flight to Italy next
month. I would sure like to see it fixed, and I honestly wish I had the
time to dig into it myself. It sounds like a fun challenge, really.

But, that said, the truth of the matter is that the battery life issue
hasn't slowed me down that much. I'm not even remotely tempted to go
back to the iRiver firmware. For the 3.0 release, my ever so humble
suggestion would be to *document* the battery life issue and worry about
things which can actually hang up the player. Even in its current
non-optimal form, H3xx Rockbox is a great thing.

Thanks,

jon