Subject: Re: Release policy and coordination

Re: Release policy and coordination

From: Christi Alice Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 2006-06-01

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Mike Holden wrote:
>> For me, the battery life is a non-issue and I use my unit a lot. It could
>> always be improved on of course, but it's plenty good enough to release
>> IMHO.
>
> If this was a question of optimization, I would agree. In this case, it
> is a hardware issue, where some component is drawing a lot of current,
> most likely because of a faulty initialization/use of the hardware.

I have to say that I think a release without this fix in place seems
plausible to me. I think we'd need to note the outstanding issue in the
 release notes and download page, but it's not something that actually
stops H300 Rockbox working useably, definite bug though it is. It's
not really missing functionality so much as suboptimal operation in my
opinion, and while obviously it'd be better not to release without a
fix, going ahead anyway might not be so terrible.

Christi