Subject: Re: Release policy and coordination

Re: Release policy and coordination

From: XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:02:06 +0300

I must agree with the side that says not to release until some major bugs
are ironed out.

As already many said, Rockbox will have its first non-Archos release. We
must make it as perfect as we can. Unfortunately many lazy users will just
claim it is worse than defualt firmware when they learn about less battery
life or some weird quirks with playback.

Keep in mind that this release will hit on Digg or Slashdot and other major
technology news sites. So it would be better to keep the image high,
because, most ignorant users will try to spoil that.

My opinion (if it matters):
Either pre-release: 2.x
or just don't release at all.

Daily builds are there for anyone that wants to give Rockbox a try....