Subject: Re: New Forum Proposal

Re: New Forum Proposal

From: Will Robertson <aliask_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:44:45 +1000

Hi Paul.
I think the forums probably could do with a clean up, and most of the stuff
you have suggested rings true, but I think the fact that you've designated
sections to bug reporting and feature requests are not needed.
I feel that it makes the bugs/feature requests far harder to track, as you'd
have two places to keep track of everything - I'd bet that people would
either put the bug only in Flyspray or only in the forums, rarely both.
Perhaps if we kept the categories for bugs and feature requests, but only
have a locked thread linking users to Flyspray should be created to help
point users wishing to report a bug in the right direction.

Just my thoughts, feel free to reject them as harshly as you please :)

Will.