Subject: Re: Release policy and coordination

Re: Release policy and coordination

From: Zakk Roberts <midkay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 23:27:59 -0700

Very well said, Paul.

I was originally in the "let's just get this out of the way so we can
end the freeze" boat, but I've almost completely changed my mind. I
think that either the H300 should remain unsupported, or the issue
fixed - as Paul put it, people consider 3.0 "working how it should",
and when they realize that's not the way they want it to work, they're
gone.

I'll personally try to get things cleaned up on the bug and possibly
feature-request trackers tonight, and fix a couple bugs if I have the
time - I'd like 3.0 to be released ASAP, but I agree that it's not
quite at the 'ready' stage at this point. If all I can really do is
fix some minor stuff, that's what I'll do. :)

Is there any update on the release date? We've already overshot the
4th anniversary of Rockbox 1.0. :( (BTW, I think an announcement on
the front page about the 4th anniversary would be cool.)

--
- Zakk
midkay_at_gmail.com