Subject: RE: VM Player debian for rockbox

RE: VM Player debian for rockbox

From: RaeNye <>
Date: 2006-06-04

>I tried this (and I've tried colinux before), but colinux immediately BSODs
on launch for me.
>Rather than bat that back and forth in the colinux forums, I'm going to
stick to vmware for
>the moment (though I'd prefer to use colinux).

Colinux only crashed my computer when I compiled a colinux kernel for the
first time (BTW, it immediately rebooted without a BSOD. Behold the power of
linux! ;-).
Just drop any initrd from the kernel initialization line, it works well
without it.

I also suggest you use a version from (I'm on
0.7.1-hn11 but any version ought to work).

Colinux is building up towards X support, but you can always run an X server
on Windows and open a "remote" connection to the colinux env.
Loathing cygwin, I use the GPL'ed Xming

Contact me for my .config if you're stuck.