Subject: Re: H340 battery life

Re: H340 battery life

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: 2006-06-06

On 6/6/06, Steve Moskovchenko <stevenm@umd.edu> wrote:
> My friend won't let me take apart the iriver he lent me, but maybe
> someone can give this a shot. Can someone with tools and an ammeter open
> up the iriver and stick an ammetre between the battery and the device?
> That way you could measure the current consumption of the device, then
> try various things in software to see what configuration makes the
> current consumption unusually high. Would that be an idea?

I'm afraid this would be a lot of work and I don't expect a lot of
output. I have been seeing the strangely high power consumption on a
few different scenarios now.
Furthermore, I imagine (since the problem IS in software) that it
could be very hard to measure with "normal" equipment. If the power
consumption is normal for most of the time, but very high for a tenth
of second every second/tick, you won't be able to measure it with a
multi meter.

~lImbus