Subject: Loading memory?

From: <postmaster_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: 2006-06-08

As I understand it, the whole point of having more memory is to
pre-load as many tracks as possible, to minimize the number of times
the disk is spun up, thus increasing battery life.

Clearly, the whole memory can't be used, as space is needed for the
Os, for pluguins, for playlists, etc, and for the decoded wav buffer.

But now that I've increased the utilized memory on my ipod to 64MB,
thanks to Petey Leinonen's patch, will Rockbox automatically load more
tracks per spin up? Or is additional coding required to take advantage
of the additional memory?