Subject: Re: linux IDE for rockbox

Re: linux IDE for rockbox

From: bk <mutualaid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:07:23 -0400

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 17:26 -0400, Steve Moskovchenko wrote:
> The only 'IDE' you need is Kate. Its got a nifty terminal at the bottom
> of the screen, so occasionally i click into that and type 'make'.
>
> Session management, open file tracking, block selection, and all that
> good stuff included.

I don't know if plain kate has this or not, but one of the most useful
things about kdevelop is project-wide symbol/regexp searching. I find
myself using it frequently to find all callers of a function or
instances of a variable. Of course you can simulate that with grep but I
find kdevelop to be more convenient.

bk