Subject: Re: subversion

Re: subversion

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-06-12

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, postmaster@diffenbach.org wrote:

> I heartily second this. Having used both cvs and subversion, subversion is
> much better in its features and more user-friendly.

There's no denying of this.

We've been discussing and intending to switch away from CVS for a long time,
and we all agree that Subversion is a better system than CVS. The question has
rather been if Subversion is the best alternative to CVS for us and for how
Rockbox is developed.

I have written quite a bunch of scripts and tools on the server(s) that all
are CVS-based and they would all require attention and modifications so a
switch will require quite an effort. No undoable, just a bunch of work that so
far has felt like I "ohhh eeeeh not now please".

And as a bonus: yours truly is involved and even has commit access in the
Subversion project! ;-)