Subject: A few questions about the button code in gwps

A few questions about the button code in gwps

From: Simon M. <>
Date: 2006-06-18

I have a few questions about the button code in gwps.c

On some button definitions in this code this is used, on some not:

when do I have to call stop_srcoll in my own button code and can it do harm
to call it for every actions I program for my own buttons (right now I use
the REC button to go show the playlist for instance)?

Another thing, on Line 349 is this code:

            case WPS_RC_PAUSE:
                if (global_settings.party_mode)

This would mean that it isn't possible to pause with the remote when in
party mode. Right? Why?

Can someone tell me If the second quick menu (currently only for archos) is
really target specific or if it should be not too hard to apply it to iriver

And one last question: Is the button implementation of the H3xx different to
the H1xx series? If it is, could someone give me a short explanation in
which way or point me to some information? I'm asking this because my patch seems to have an unwanted side
effect which I just can't see how this can be.

I'm sorry if I'm asking dumb newbie questions. I only started prgogramming
in C recently.