Subject: .talk clip crash recipe

.talk clip crash recipe

From: Steve Bavin <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:26:19 +0100

Hi all,

If you use .talk clips (for folders in particular), and have a reset pin
handy, could you perhaps try the following recipe with a recent build:

1) Enable .talk clips for files and folders - disable voice menus, as well
as crossfade, resume on startup or any of the other "troublesome" options.
2) Restart the device, so nothing is playing.
3) Go to the file browser and press down arrow; it will correctly speak the
selected name (via .talk clip).
4) Wait for the disk access indicator to go off (quite possibly after the
backlight has gone off)
5) Press down arrow to select the next folder.

This will reliably lock up my H340. Does it do this for you too? I've put
a comment on FS #5570 - and think fixing of this should be a definite
requirement for 3.0.

Steve Bavin