Subject: Cron job on Rockbox & FLAC recording

Cron job on Rockbox & FLAC recording

From: Alex Mandel <tech_dev_at_wildintellect.com>
Date: 2006-06-21

Sorry, I'm new to Rockbox and not even sure what the base code
originates from, but I was curious about the feasibility of 2 things.

1. Cron - Time based events, assuming you leave the device on all the
time hooked up to a power source can you set it to record at specified
intervals for a certain amount of time. Something like a cron triggered
script.

2. FLAC Recording - I'm assuming this is a constraint of the chipsets
but is it possible that any of the devices will have the ability to
record to FLAC.

I'm just looking for a conceptual idea of how either of these things
might be possible.

Thanks,
Alex