Subject: Re: Flyspray

Re: Flyspray

From: <postmaster_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:58:30 -0400

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> postmaster_at_diffenbach.org wrote:
>> I want to do some simple things with the Flyspray bug tracker, and I
>> can't:
>> * look up my own patches

>> Anyone know how to do these things?
>
> No. Flyspray is quite limited in its' search capabilities.
>
> You can only sort and filter the lists in a few limited ways,
> plus search the 'details' field.
>
> Since you have added your email address at the end of your patch
description,
>searching for "diffenbach" will actually find your patch.

Actually, I learned there is a drop-down (if you're logged in to
Flyspray) to show "tasks reported by me", which allows me to see my
patches.

Maybe I can make a suggestion to you and Llorean: how about a
sub-forum solely for listing patches? That would not only be
searchable, but it would allow others to ask questions about the
patch, or suggest changes, without cluttering the Flyspray comments.

Each topic could be a patch announcement (and no topics independent of
a patch announcement), while replies to the topic could run the gamut
from "this is great" to "do this instead" to "this sucks".

(I know the Flyspray comments are there for that, but for a patch,
/my/ preference would be to limit comments as much as possible, and to
keep them succinct.)