Subject: RE: mi4, BL and more

RE: mi4, BL and more

From: RaeNye <raenye_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 2006-07-01

I just goggle'd the constants and it looks like a regular 8-round TEA to me.
The official source has 0x9E3779B9 as the delta (which is -Y_STEP),
"y+= step;" and "y -= step;" switch places to match;
Y_INIT is then just (8 * DELTA)&0xFFFFFFFF.

Where is this code from?
I presume reverse engineering of the BL files (surely explains negating the
constant).
If so, why can't we RE (or just take the keys off) other header versions?

R.