Subject: iPod's framebuffer format

iPod's framebuffer format

From: Jacob Rau <>
Date: 2006-07-08

Hey list,

I''ve been thinking about writing a plugin that will play movies on the iPod
Nano, but what I don't understand is the frame buffer format. I see a few of
the plugins fill it full of hex, but I don't know how to decode/encode
to/from this format. I realize I may have missed a wiki page, but seeing as
twiki is down now even the briefest of explanations will do. Example code
would be nice, but I guess that's what the other plugins are for.

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance...