Subject: comments on playlist_catalog and pimp a patch

comments on playlist_catalog and pimp a patch

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:00:23 +1000

hey all,
Well, I had a little play with the playlist catalog feature and I like
it, but one thing I found which should maybe be changed is if you go
playlist catalog > add to new playlist and type the name of an
existing .m3u it should ask if you want to overwrite it instead of
rejecting it.
Also it should create the /Playlists folder instead of complaining.

But thats not why im writing this.
I noticed the changes made to playlist.c and in playlist_catalog.c
start to use a sort of directory walker which I implemented during the
freeze. So what I have done is fixed up my patch to go with latest cvs
and made the playlist catalog use it instead of its own walker
function.
the url is http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5623

This patch, by the way, replaces the 3 (now 5) occurances of pretty
much the same code in playlist.c and playlist_catalog.c, and it is
also iterative instead of recursive, which in theory should be
slightly faster?