Subject: comments on playlist_catalog and pimp a patch

comments on playlist_catalog and pimp a patch

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:00:23 +1000

hey all,
Well, I had a little play with the playlist catalog feature and I like
it, but one thing I found which should maybe be changed is if you go
playlist catalog > add to new playlist and type the name of an
existing .m3u it should ask if you want to overwrite it instead of
rejecting it.
Also it should create the /Playlists folder instead of complaining.

But thats not why im writing this.
I noticed the changes made to playlist.c and in playlist_catalog.c
start to use a sort of directory walker which I implemented during the
freeze. So what I have done is fixed up my patch to go with latest cvs
and made the playlist catalog use it instead of its own walker
the url is

This patch, by the way, replaces the 3 (now 5) occurances of pretty
much the same code in playlist.c and playlist_catalog.c, and it is
also iterative instead of recursive, which in theory should be
slightly faster?