Subject: Sansa e260 running modified firmware

Sansa e260 running modified firmware

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:09:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hey peeps

Background info:

Today I managed to flash my e260 with a modified firmware (just the original
one with an altered text when I insert USB). This proves we know enough to
generate .mi4 files to upgrade these players with. (And this works without
patching the original BL file.)

Before I had the success, I got to try upgrading to a bad mi4 image and found
out that the player then nicely allowed me to enter recovert mode and mount a
small partition that I could copy a working set of firmware files to and have
them used!

So, we can now start figuring out and testing code on the unit "for real"...

  Daniel Stenberg -- --