Subject: Re: half-idea for #ifdef and key deifnition hell...

Re: half-idea for #ifdef and key deifnition hell...

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:48:24 +1000

well, seen as im not really getting any feedback, Ive implemented this
all for the list widget (which includes the tree and menus)
the patch is at
please someone give it a try and let me know how it goes.
The buttons for the iriver's are the same, ipod might be slightly different.

The main thing is have a look at how much nicer the button loops are :)

known bug is if you have resume on startup set, for some unknown
reason it will sit at te initial loading screen untill you press a
button (?) nothing I changed should effect that, so i dunno.
Also, I assume text_editor will not function correclty (and any other
plugins using the list widget).

Just to give you some idea of what it will take for the changes, it
took about 1 minute in each button loop. there is still a bit more
work which needs to be done (remove any ununsed variables and such
silly stuff), but the main thing is to show that this actually work!