Subject: Re: shared library support?

Re: shared library support?

From: Bill Janssen <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:36:19 PDT

> Exactly, just link the library statically to the plugin. Sure each plugin
> using the lib would drag around it's own copy of it, but disk space is the
> only thing a DAP has plenty of.

Yes, that's what I'm doing now. Works fine, except that you have
multiple copies of the code.

Note that plugins themselves are shared libraries; it wouldn't take
much to extend the plugin API to include a function to allow plugins
themselves to load other shared libraries, as long as they do so
before trying to look at (or use) the plugin buffer.