Subject: Which container formats does rockbox support?

Which container formats does rockbox support?

From: Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:08:39 +0200

Hi!

Searching the web site I can find a page where the audio codecs are
listed which are supported by rockbox.

But which container formats can rockbox use? I can put flac into a ogg
container, or I can use a Matroska container:

Package: mkvtoolnix
Version: 1.7.0-1
 Matroska is a new multimedia container format, based on EBML (Extensible
 Binary Meta Language), which is a kind of binary XML.
 These tools allow to manipulate Matroska files.
  - mkvmerge is a tool to create Matroska files from other formats
  - mkvinfo allows to get information about the tracks in a Matroska file
  - mkvextract can extract tracks from Matroska files to other formats
  - base64tool can encode and decode base64
 .
 Upstream homepage : http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal_at_gmx.de |
| PGP Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/pgp.html |