Subject: Some ideas

Some ideas

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:40:28 +0200

Hi,

During my holiday (in rockbox-country! Sweden :-) - but I forgot to look up
where rockbox HQ was...) I had some time to extensively test rockbox. I came
up with a few ideas, some of which I can implement myself, but lazy as I am,
if someone else likes them too and implements them for me, it's even
better :-P

1 Bubbles rules! 2 Brickmania rules! 3 iCatcher WPS rules! Rockbox rules!

Having said that, the ideas:

(keys are for archos recorder @ cvs2006-07-17, don't know what they are on
other boxes)

1) off-off-off-off-off-off-off should always turn the archos off. Now, it's
stuck in the Browse Plugins menu, which can only be exited by pressing the
Left key.
2) I would like to be able to access the 'View current playlist' more easily,
to shift around songs. A long press on the 'On' button is still available,
and seems logic. Unless I'm the only one editing the playlist regularly, I'd
like this implemented.
3) It seems logical to me that a press on 'On' from within the 'View current
playlist' menu returns to the WPS
4) The reason why I use that menu so often is this. I often want to listen a
certain song to the end, and then start playing another album (not
neccesarily from track 1 on, but sometimes in the middle of an album). I
would like to suggest a new Insert mode, one that I would use more often then
all other, except for 'Insert Next', perhaps. What this insert mode does is
just like a normal press on 'Play', but instead of playing directly, it
finishes the current song. Technically, it can be implemented as follows:
 1 erase all songs, except for the current playing one
 2 change the current playing song type into 'queued', so it will vanish after
   playing
 3 insert all new tracks, just like a normal press on play
 4 (the hardest part?) move the queued song just before the preferred new song
Suggested name of this new insert mode: 'Continue from here'

Any comments?

Ronald