Subject: Re: How easy is it?

Re: How easy is it?

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:57:14 +0100

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> So I take it from the reply, there's not (I know it's a long shot) a
> 'simple' way of converting an iPod linux codec to a Rockbox codec - i.e.
> it requires me to actually understand both the Rockbox codec system and
> the method in which a spectrum .tzx file works.

There's no 'easy way', no. And yes, to port or write a codec for Rockbox
you would need to understand how the Rockbox codec system works - and also
either how the .tzx file works, or how the iPod linux codec works -- but
take a look at the source code for a "simple" codec in Rockbox (e.g. wav?)
and it shouldn't be too hard.