Subject: Re: Archos Player taken out?

Re: Archos Player taken out?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:58:25 +0200

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> Sniff... I don't like to drop a platform. What exacly is the
> current/upcoming pain with it? The charcell ifdefs are already in.

Yes, they are in, but we have to add new ifdefs for every new or changed
feature. For example, if we change the settings menu to show the
settings inline (http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5833), it would be
a lot easier to not have to support the player.

Dropping the only charcell target would make it easier for us to make a
more attractive UI in general for the bitmap targets without having
duplicate code to support the charcell LCD.

My concern is that 95% of the currently active developer community don't
have players, and it has become a burden for all of us to adapt their
patches to work on the player as well. No to mention testing Rockbox on
the actual target.

Linus